I read a lot of information on health, diet, and recipes. I have become interested in the Paleo Diet even though I am not big on meat and dairy. The diet advocates eating only what was available for cavemen about 2.5 million years ago. The Crossfit community promotes the Paleo Diet. The diet advocates for the elimination of processed foods, grain products, excess sugar, vegetable oils, legumes and dairy.
In any case, some of the recipes are great. Below is a recipe for a Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe found here: http://paleodietlifestyle.com/strawberry-balsamic-vinaigrette/
- 1 cup strawberries;
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar;
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 tbsp Dijon or homemade mustard;
- 1 clove garlic, minced;
- 1/4 tsp salt;
- 1/4 tsp pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Rinse the strawberries and remove the stems. Line a baking sheet with foil, folding the edges up so that you create a small wall on all sides to prevent any juices from running out. Place in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Once the strawberries have cooked, add all the ingredients to a blender. Be sure to include the juices that came out of the berries while roasting. Purée the mixture until smooth and consistent. Serve cold and keep refrigerated.