I love this recipe for the protein and Flax content. These are great for breakfast or a snack that can be transported and eaten “as is”.
- ½ cup Oatmeal (Old fashioned kind)
- 1/3 cup Egg whites
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder (23grm protein per scoop)
- 1 tablespoon Gound Flaxseed
- ¼ of a ripe Banana
- 1 tablespoon Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of good Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup frozen Blueberries
- Makes 1 serving of 2 pancakes, 30 grams protein, 30gram carbs (approx.)
- Throw everything except blueberries in the blender and blend until smooth. Spray pan with safflower (or other) oil and get it hot like a griddle, pour half of the mixture into pan, and place a few blueberries on top. These pancakes won’t “bubble” on top like regular pancakes, so you need to watch the bottoms. When bottom is lightly brown and the pancaked is cooked halfway through, flip and cook the other side – this will also heat the frozen blueberries. When done, remove pancake.