These margaritas will certainly liven up your weekend, both refreshing and delicious. They are super simple to make, the only catch being, you need fresh limes, it really makes a difference. Make these at your next party, they are sure to be a hit.
Pink Grapefruit Margaritas
From: Barefoot Contessa’s How Easy Is That
- 1 cup Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 cup Fresh squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 cup Triple Sec Orange Liqueur
- 3 cups Ice
- 1 cup Tequila
- 1 Lime cut in wedges, optional Kosher salt.
If you prefer to rim the glasses, use a lime wedge and to moisten the glass rim and then dip in salt. If you do not like a salted rim, sprinkle a touch of salt in each glass. The salt really brings out the flavor.
Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple sec and ice in a blender. Pour into a large pitcher, add the tequila, and stir. (I personally just add it all to the blender- I like slushy. It’s totally up to you)
Makes 4 drinks.
* Just as a note: it is important to use Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice because it is much sweeter than regular grapefruit juice and it has the lovely pink color.