I love coffee. Coffee has been my best friend and ally in my weight loss journey. A Starbucks Non-fat Grande Latte’ with powdered (not the syrup) cinnamon is what I covet. The benefits of cinnamon:
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL).
- Cinnamon may help treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
- Cinnamon has antifungal properties, and it’s been said that candida cannot live in a cinnamon environment.
- Cinnamon can reduce the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
- Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
- Honey and Cinnamon combined has been found to relieve arthritis pain.
- When added to food, cinnamon inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
- Just smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
- Cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
- Cinnamon has been found to be an effective natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migraine relief.
- Cinnamon can also help stablize blood sugar (which is great for weight loss). A couple of dashes in your morning tea or cereal is all it takes!
The benefits of coffee for weight loss:
- Caffeine acts as a appetite suppressant, so for training to loose weight, this can help curb the appetite for the first two meals of the day.
- Drinking a cup of coffee in the morning can initiate a bowel movement. So suddenly in fact that I’ve been known to pound on a locked bathroom door while frantically yelling “hurry up in there, I’m crowning!”
- These regular BM’s are a good thing. Exercise does a lot to keep a person regular, but evacuating in the morning, before starting core training and flexibility helps to make that activity more comfortable and effective.
- Coffee is a diuretic also. It is healthy for the urinary tract to pee often, especially early in the day. Fluids in general are good, so start your daily intake with the best beverage going -coffee.
The combination of coffee and cinnamon is a win-win for me and weight loss plus wellness. It’s said that you should not skip breakfast, coffee is my breakfast most days but is occasionally accompanied by Plain Greek Yogurt with fruit or boiled eggs. What do you have for breakfast?